• Improvements to 90 percent of the major component parts of the PHEV system that gives stronger EV flavor.
• EV cruising range increased to 65.0 km (from 60.2 to 60.8 km; JC08 cycle);
• S-AWC performance increased and two new drive modes added;
• Driving quality improved with changes to dampers and steering gear.
PHEV System Evolution
• Drive battery capacity has been increased from 12 kW/h to 13.8 kW/h. Rear motor and generator outputs have been increased by around 12 percent and 10 percent respectively. These improvements extend Outlander PHEV's all-electric cruising range from 60.8 km (60.2 km for S Edition and G Premium Package) to 65.0 km, and also see further enhancement in powerful drive delivers.
• Engine size is increased from 2.0L to 2.4L and high expansion ratio cycle (Atkinson combustion cycles) by change in cam profile and valve timing control allows high-efficiency power generation in the lower rev range. Also, the reduction in engine speed when in generating mode and optimization of generation output and, improvements to the air cleaner and main muffler reduces noise from the engine itself. The result is further enhancement in the feel-good driving experience that the electric drive delivers even when the engine starts and while running.